There are two types of Safflower Oil: High-Oleic and High-Linoleic. Both oils are high in unsaturated fatty acids. The high-oleic monounsaturated oil has a high smoke point and is therefore safe to cook with at high temperatures. Although Safflower Oil is mainly used in food applications, the oil also has several health benefits. Therefore, the oil is also incorporated in supplements and cosmetics.
Background / Origin
Safflower is an ancient cultivated plant that originates from Asia. Safflower prefers high temperatures and grows best at 28-35 ° C . Safflower is cultivated in different seasons; for example as a winter crop in India and as an early summer crop in the United States. Today, safflower is mainly cultivated in Australia, USA, India, Mexico, Spain and Ethiopia.
Available Oil Qualities
- 0191600 Safflower Oil High Linoleic Refined EP
- 0190400 Safflower Oil High Linoleic Virgin Organic (1)
- 0200100 Safflower Oil High Oleic Refined
(1) SKAL 017077 / NL-BIO-01
- IBC’s net weight 900 kg
- Metal drums net weight 25 & 190 kg
- HDPE containers 5, 10 & 25 kg
- Consumer packaging (10 ml - 1000 ml)