Rosehip Seed Oil
FRUITmega™ Rosehip Seed Oil is rich in antioxidants, provitamin A and vitamin E. The oil contains an exceptional high amount of Linoleic and Linolenic Essential Fatty Acids (EFA).
Rosehip is mostly used for nutraceutical and cosmeceutical purposes because of its high percentage of polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Background / Origin
Rosehips are native to South America and Eastern Europe where they have been used for centuries as a medicinal fruit.
Varieties which are used to produce oil from such as Rosa Canina, Rosa Moschata and Rosa Rubiginosa grow wild, mostly in mountainous areas. Due to the inaccessibility of the areas where they grow, the majority of rosehips are harvested by hand picking.
Available Oil Qualities
- 0320000 FRUITmega™ Rosehip Seed Oil CP-VIR
- 0320200 FRUITmega™ Rosehip Seed Oil REF
- 0320400 FRUITmega™ Rosehip Seed Oil CP-VIR ORGANIC (1)
- 0320500 FRUITmega™ Rosehip Seed Oil CP-REF ORGANIC (1)
(1) SKAL 017077 / NL-BIO-01
- IBC’s net weight 900 kg
- Metal drums net weight 25 & 190 kg
- HDPE containers 5, 10 & 25 kg
- Consumer packaging (10 ml - 1000 ml)
What is Rosehip Seed Oil?
The rosehips are the fruit of wild roses. Rosehip oil is a seed oil extracted from the ‘hip’ of the rose plant. Rosehip is mostly used for nutraceutical and cosmeceutical purposes because of its high percentage of polyunsaturated fatty acids. The majority of our rosehips grow wild and are handpicked in the beautiful highlands of Lesotho, South Africa.