NEWmega™ Borage Oil contains 20-25% of the scarce but valuable omega-6 essential fatty acid Gamma Linolenic Acid.
GLA is important for the body to attain and maintain a healthy balance. GLA is converted in the body to a hormone-like substance called prostaglandin E1 (PGE1).
Background / Origin
The Borage plant, also known as Starflower, is originally Mediterranean. To the Romans, it was better known as the ‘herb of joy’, as they used Borage as an anti-depressant. It was the Romans who probably introduced this plant to Northern Europe. It was discovered that Borage tasted like cucumber. The flowers and the leaves added flavor to soups, salads and cold drinks.
Available Oil Qualities
- 0110020 NEWmega™ Borage Oil CP-VIR GLA 20%
- 0111620 NEWmega™ Borage Oil CP-REF GLA 20% EP
- 0111622 NEWmega™ Borage Oil CP-REF GLA 22% EP
- 0111720 NEWmega™ Borage Oil REF GLA 20% EP
- 0111722 NEWmega™ Borage Oil REF GLA 22% EP
- 0110420 NEWmega™ Borage Oil CP-VIR ORGANIC GLA 20% (1)
- 0110520 NEWmega™ Borage Oil CP-REF ORGANIC GLA 20% (1)
(1) SKAL 017077 / NL-BIO-01
- IBC’s net weight 900 kg
- Metal drums net weight 25, 50 & 190 kg
- HDPE containers 5,10 & 25 kg
- Consumer packaging (10ml - 1000 ml)
- Animal feed