NEWmega™ Blackcurrant Oil contains 12-17% of the scarce but important omega-6 Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA). In addition to GLA, the valuable omega-3 Stearidonic Acid (SDA) is present at a level of 2-4%. SDA is the omega-3 equivalent for GLA. The oil also contains 12-16% omega-3 Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA).
Background / Origin
Blackcurrants are native to Central- and Northern Europe and Northern Asia. The fruit is an edible purple berry that contains several seeds. The fruit has an extraordinary high vitamin C content, good levels of potassium, phosphorus, iron, vitamin B5 and a broad range of other essential nutrients.
Available Oil Qualities
- 0120213 NEWmega™ Blackcurrant Oil REF GLA 13%
- 0120214 NEWmega™ Blackcurrant Oil REF GLA 14%
- 0120215 NEWmega™ Blackcurrant Oil REF GLA 15%
- Standard packaging: 190 kg & 25 kg
- IBC’s net weight 900 kg
- Consumer packaging (100 ml - 1000 ml)
- Animal Nutrition